The Technical Support Officer will provide enterprise-level support to our vast customer base. Excellence in customer service skills is a must.A background in IT support or engineering is also required. As a Technical Support Officer, you will report to the Technical Support Team Leader.
- Coordinate the analysis of customer issues done by the Technical Support team and involve other groups as required to resolve issues.
- Develop and maintain practical knowledge of EastNets products related to software and documentation.
- Maintain an overview of all delivered products and services per customer.
- Perform testing and validation for release updates and patches.
- Define and coordinate communication to customers on release updates and patches.
- Maintain the operational support environment through documentation, case tracking and test environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- Two to five years of experience working within a professional support team or a service desk.
- Excellent analytical skills, a keen eye for quality and strong customer focus.
- Experience with Unix and Windows server environments.
- Working knowledge in Oracle or MSSQL, and IBM Db2.
- Understanding of database concepts and SQL statements.
- Practical level of software development skills.
- Proven spoken and written English.
- Good customer-facing communication skills.
- Knowledge of web application servers.
- Self-motivated and an eagerness to learn new skills and applications.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Excellent understanding of the support process cycle.
- Strong team coordination and communication skills.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving.