- Service: www.eastnets.com website operated by Eastnets
- Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies: Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers): Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User): Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
- Information Collection and Use: We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected:
Personal Data: While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
Usage Data: We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Location Data: We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so ("Location Data"). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data: Eastnets uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service.
- To notify you about changes to our Service.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so.
- To provide customer support.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service.
- To monitor the usage of our Service.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data:
Transfer of Data:
Disclosure of Data:
Disclosure for law enforcement. Under certain circumstances, Eastnets may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Legal Requirements: Eastnets may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Eastnets
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data: The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Our Policy on "Do Not Track" Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
- We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
- You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
- Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Eastnets aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
- If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
- In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Eastnets relied on your consent to process your personal information.
- Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
- You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Service Providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Analytics: We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Children's Privacy: Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Information Security Policy Statement:
The information asset’s availability, integrity, confidentiality, and accountability are essential to maintaining Eastnets security compliance and, the organization’s image. Eastnets acknowledges the importance of ensuring information security and is committed towards supporting information security goals and principles. Information security is the protection of data resources against loss arising from breaches of confidentiality, integrity, and availability. It should not prevent or restrict business operations, but rather enable the mechanisms for sharing information safely.
Information security protects information from a wide range of threats, to ensure business continuity, minimize the impact of possible business damage, and maximize return on investment and business opportunity. Information security is achieved by implementing a suitable set of controls, by way of enacting policies, adopting best practices, procedures, organizational structure, and software functions. These controls need to be established to ensure Eastnets’ security objectives are met.
The objective of the Information Security Management System is to protect information assets and services provided by Eastnets users internally and externally, in addition to:
Protect Eastnets business information by safeguarding its confidentiality, integrity and availability.
Protect Eastnets’ customer information within its custody by safeguarding its confidentiality, integrity and availability.
To establish safeguards to protect Eastnets information resources from theft, abuse, misuse and any other form of damage.
To establish a culture of for information security within Eastnets.
To encourage management and staff to maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and skill to allow them to minimize the occurrence and severity of information security incidents.
To ensure that Eastnets is able to continue its commercial activities in the event of significant information security incidents.
To continually strengthen and improve the overall capabilities of the information security management system.
To increase professional skills in terms of information security management and technology.
To ensure that critical information-related business operations continue to be carried out in line with best security practices and standards and to establish cost effective operational plans for business.
To establish quantified information security goals annually through management review meetings.