As a Technical Support Officer, you will report to the Technical Support Team Leader. You will be responsible for providing technical support on Eastnets solutions and managing tickets opened by Eastnets customers,
The following are the responsibilities and tasks that you will be carrying out for the company if you are hired:
- Coordinate, analyze, and manage customer tickets turned over by the Technical Support team and involve other groups as required.
- Provide the technical support team with complete answers to customer inquiries on Eastnets’ solutions.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge on Eastnets’ solutions, software and documentation.
- Maintain an overview of all delivered products and services to Eastnets’ customers.
- Perform testing and validation of release updates and patches.
- Professionally manage an operational support environment by managing documentation, utilizing case tracking tools, and test environments.
The candidate should have the following qualifications/requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- 2-5 years of experience working within a technical support team or a service desk.
- Good analytical skills, keen eye for quality and strong customer focus.
- Experience with Unix and/or Windows server environments.
- Working knowledge in Oracle or MSSQL, and IBM Db2 is a major plus.
- Knowledge of database concepts, SQL statements and some level of software development skills.
- Proven spoken and written English. Knowledge of other languages is a major plus.
- Good customer-facing communication skills.
- Knowledge of web application servers is a plus.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Occasional travel maybe required.
- Very good understanding of the support process cycle.
- Strong team coordination and communication skills.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Systematic approach and focus on problem identification and resolution.
Apply for this role
Please fill in the fields indicated below, attaching a current resume and a cover letter, to be considered.