The Software Development Manager is responsible for managing one or more Software Development team(s) working on one or more product(s). The manager’s responsibility includes covering all the development activities ranging from selecting the best tools and technologies to team staffing on tasks and activities. The manager will be responsible for suggesting and analyzing the requirements, assigning tasks, and preparing high-quality plans for meeting project deadlines. The Manager will be the expert in a line of business and the associated Eastnets applications and will be responsible for analyzing technical requirements, assessing the impact on the applications, and coming up with a design that will take into consideration the efficiency, coherence, and performance aspects of the integrated suite of applications.
The position which is conditional on the company's need requires:
- Good managerial experience.
- Good experience in Software Architecture, Software/Component Design, and Software Development.
- Good experience in Database Architecture and Design and interactions with applications.
- Strong experience in Object-Oriented analysis and design.
- Experience in software development life cycle.
- Good team coordination and communication skills.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving.
- A systematic approach and focus on problem identification and resolution.
- Manage, develop and document the company products' software architectures.
- Manage, plan, develop and deploy generic and architectural work to enhance or enable the core software capabilities in line with current and future business needs.
- Deliver top-quality products on time and within budget.
- Propose, implement, enhance and monitor the Agile development process.
- Develop and run automated unit, system, integration, and regression tests as well as performance tests at regular intervals.
- Conduct code reviews, code walk-throughs, verify appropriate code comments and documentation, generated or produced.
- Automate internal repetitive or manual work.
- Assign KPI’s to the teams and make sure they are met.
- Set goals and objectives for the department and teams.
- Set up proper internal processes and procedures and contribute to the company-wide used or to be used processes and procedures.
- Build and maintain good internal relationships with other teams or divisions.
- Identify and implement new tools to be used to track and improve internal processes.
- Produce management and account performance reports to an agreed schedule or upon request.
- Attend service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality, and processes.
- Make sure timesheets are filled in on a timely basis and correctly using the appropriate tools (TFS, EPM, HR system, ... etc.).
- Foster collaboration and transparent reporting by the use of WIKI and capture, maintain, and share team knowledge.
- Write effective and efficient emails to team members, subordinates, colleagues, and managers.
- Respond promptly to management requests and in a timely manner
- Follow accurately the procedures and processes set by the company.
- At least 15 years of IT industry experience of which 5 years minimum was spent managing Development teams.
- A university degree in computer science or technical related field or additional equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience managing high-performance development teams spread in different geographical locations.
- Proven experience managing and working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Very good analytical skills, an eye for quality, and a strong customer focus.
- Able to grasp technical concepts and explain them to business personnel.
- Proven experience in programming languages such as JAVA and C++.
- Experience in modern applications architecture such as Microservices.
- Proven experience in CI/CD tools.
- Experience designing and developing scalable and highly available cloud-based solutions on AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience in defining and improving development processes.
- Excellent communicator and team player.
- Excellent in spoken and written English. Knowledge of other languages is a major plus.
- Able to write structural documents, explain architecture concepts and be a Technology leader uniting teams and business goals.
- Familiar with quality assurance concepts, and product release processes.
- Practical knowledge of Agile Development is a major plus.
- Highly capable to deliver under stress and time pressure against tight or fixed budgets.
- Knowledge of financial software, SWIFT, AML, or compliance is a major plus.
Apply for this role
Please fill in the fields indicated below, attaching a current resume and a cover letter, to be considered.