The Software Developer C++ is responsible for developing innovative technology solutions that support Eastnets strategy and custom software requirements. This individual will work in a team environment and will actively support other functions within the company.
The position requires:
- Thorough understanding of systems development cycle
- Strong team coordination and communication skills
- A proactive approach to problem-solving
- Systematic approach and focus on problem identification and resolution
- Participate in the collection, review, and analysis of user's requirements.
- Participate in the development and documentation of system specifications.
- Participate in defining the system architecture of the application.
- Provide estimates of the development activities as input to the project plans.
- Participate in the development, installation, and integration of software systems.
- Write, modify, integrate, test, and maintain software code according to best practices and the ones defined within the group.
- Work with the technical support and QA teams in defining test cases and help resolve technical issues.
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes, and solutions.
- Develop technical documentation for installation, operation, and maintenance of products.
- Prepare reports on the status of the development activities.
- Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for products.
- Research and evaluate different technologies and solutions.
- Perform POCs and make technical recommendations.
- Test and evaluate new technologies; recommend and participate in developing enhancement, for existing systems.
- Provide 3rd and 4th level application support to resolve customer issues.
- Mentor junior members of the development team.
- Create and develop tools for internal or external use that will add value to EastNets solutions.
The candidate should have the following qualifications/requirements:
- Minimum of 6 years hands-on experience in IT Software Development- C/C++ programming languages.
- Degree or diploma or relevant international technical qualification in Computer Science,
- Information Systems or relevant Engineering field.
- Extensive experience in developing applications in the C/C++ programming languages, Knowledge of Java is a plus.
- Extensive experience in developing RDBMS-based applications.
- Experience in developing C++ applications under Windows and Unix.
- Knowledge in UML and software modeling.
- Good knowledge of OO analysis and design.
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Knowledge of networking programming (TCP/IP & Protocols) and security.
- Parallel programming and application multithreading.
- Software integration design and implementation skills.
- Experience in the SCRUM development methodology.
- Experience in software source control and continuous integration tools.
- Demonstrated ability to develop skills, work effectively with the team dynamics and achieve goals
- Customer relationship skills, communication skills.
- Experience working in multi-cultural environments.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of Windows or Unix shell scripting is a major plus.
- Knowledge of financial software, SWIFT, AML, or compliance is a major plus.
- Extensive experience in SQL statements and stored procedures using Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL. Db2 experience is a plus.
- Experience in Reporting engines such as Crystal Reports or Jasper Software technology is a major plus.
- C/C++ knowledge.
- Database engines (Oracle, MS SQL, IBM Db2) knowledge.
Apply for this role
Please fill in the fields indicated below, attaching a current resume and a cover letter, to be considered.