We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to develop innovative technical solutions that support Eastnet's strategy and address the software requirements.
The post holder will actively support and offer advice to other functional teams within Eastnets while working in a team-based environment.
The following are the responsibilities and tasks that you will be carrying out for the company if you are hired:
- Managing and reviewing product requirements.
- Reviewing and verifying different product requirement specifications (e.g.: software requirements specifications, design/architecture diagrams, tasks’ technical details…etc.).
- Preparing conditions of acceptance for unit testing.
- Developing quality and test plans.
- Executing sanity tests for each product release.
- Managing, reviewing, and updating test case specifications and test procedures.
- Defining different testing types.
- Testing developed applications (core/complex components) as per test cases and test plans.
- Installing and configuring Eastnets applications for testing purposes.
- Reviewing test execution results with other QA team members.
- Installing and deploying the application.
- Participating in coordinating all external releases and related UAT activities.
- Reporting the progress, test results, test coverage, and status to all project stakeholders.
- Managing bug life cycle by reviewing, prioritizing, and tracking defects until proper closure (Closed or Deferred).
- Approving the delivery of internal and external application releases.
- Managing support process and customer cases.
- Maintaining up-to-date test artifacts.
- Participating in the review of different product documentation and identifying document quality issues.
- Ensuring the product releases adhere to the product functional specifications, performance requirements, security requirements, GUI, and usability standards.
- Providing advice and guidance to less-experienced Quality Assurance colleagues.
- Participating in identifying and defining opportunities for improvement, measurements for those improvements and the implementation and rollout process to ensure that overall quality standards and customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Researching, recommending, and adopting tools as needed with the goal of increasing test coverage through automation.
The candidate should have the following qualifications/requirements:
- Degree or relevant international technical qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant Engineering field.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in IT Software Development.
- Thorough understanding of the system’s development cycle.
- Strong team coordination and communication skills.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Extensive experience in developing RDBMS-based applications.
- Extensive experience in SQL statements and stored procedures using Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL.
- Knowledge of UML and software modeling.
- Good knowledge of OO analysis and design.
- Software integration design and implementation skills.
- Experience in the SCRUM development methodology.
- Experience in software source-control systems and tools.
- Knowledge of networking protocols is a major plus.
- Knowledge of Windows or Unix shell scripting is a major plus.
- Knowledge of financial software, SWIFT, AML, or compliance is a major plus.
- Experience in Reporting engines such as Crystal Reports or Jasper Software technology is a major plus.
- Experience in Db2 is a plus.
Apply for this role
Please fill in the fields indicated below, attaching a current resume and a cover letter, to be considered.