We are looking for an experienced Senior Quality Assurance Officer to provide quality assurance and testing services to EastNets products and projects, and to participate in analysis and testing phases. In this role, you will be responsible for reviewing product requirements, software requirements specifications, and design/architecture diagrams, in addition to preparing conditions of acceptance, test case specifications, and executing sanity tests for each product release. You will also be responsible for ensuring that product quality is built into all product releases.
The following are the responsibilities and tasks that you will be carrying out for the company if you are hired:
- Managing and reviewing product requirements.
- Reviewing and verifying different product requirement specifications (e.g.: software requirements specifications, design/architecture diagrams, tasks’ technical details…etc.).
- Preparing conditions of acceptance for unit testing.
- Developing quality and test plans.
- Executing sanity tests for each product release.
- Managing, reviewing, and updating test case specifications and test procedures.
- Defining different testing types.
- Testing developed applications (core/complex components) as per test cases and test plans.
- Installing and configuring EastNets applications for testing purposes.
- Reviewing test execution results with other QA team members.
- Installing and deploying the application.
- Participating in coordinating all external releases and related UAT activities.
- Reporting the progress, test results, test coverage, and status to all project stakeholders.
- Managing bug life cycle by reviewing, prioritizing, and tracking defects until proper closure (Closed or Deferred).
- Approving the delivery of internal and external application releases.
- Managing support process and customer cases.
- Maintaining up-to-date test artifacts.
- Participating in the review of different product documentation and identifying document quality issues.
- Ensuring the product releases adhere to the product functional specifications, performance requirements, security requirements, GUI, and usability standards.
- Providing advice and guidance to less-experienced Quality Assurance colleagues.
- Participating in identifying and defining opportunities for improvement, measurements for those improvements and the implementation and rollout process to ensure that overall quality standards and customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Researching, recommending, and adopting tools as needed with the goal of increasing test coverage through automation.
The candidate should have the following qualifications/requirements:
- 5-7 years of experience in Testing.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and auditing C# .Net or any other coding language.
- Experience in SQL Server or Oracle DBMS.
- Good understanding of the full testing cycle.
- Experience in analyzing software requirements.
- Experience in SWIFT, banking solutions, AML, and payment gateway.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and project methodologies.
- Experience in developing quality and test plans.
- Experience in estimating testing tasks.
- Experience in managing test case specifications and test procedures.
- Experience in managing the execution of test cases and scenarios.
- Good knowledge of different test tools.
- Good knowledge in managing bug life cycle and defect reporting tools.
- Good knowledge in analyzing test results.
- Good knowledge in maintaining test documentation.
- Good knowledge of database administration/query statements, different Application Servers, and Web/Windows Services.
- Good knowledge of Web and Desktop Applications and MS Office.
- Good knowledge of Windows and/or Unix operating systems.
- Good understanding of all testing types and the applicability of each type.
- Good knowledge in reviewing product documentation.
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork spirit.
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the tenacity to keep with the issue until it is resolved.
- Independent and capable of resolving and identifying product issues.
- Good time management and planning, and respecting deadlines.
- Very good written and spoken English.
- Good in estimating testing tasks.
- Knowledge of test case management tools and other testing tools.
- Good attention to detail with a focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Unix or Windows scripting is a major plus.
- Knowledge of UML is a plus.
Apply for this role
Please fill in the fields indicated below, attaching a current resume and a cover letter, to be considered.