She or he will deliver technical solutions to support EastNets strategy, addresses EastNets customer requirements and provide support on standard implementations. The Implementation Specialist will also plan and implement activities for designated projects to ensure that project goals are accomplished in a timely manner.
She or he will also be responsible for day-to-day operations including monitoring, administration, maintenance and support and provide Level1 support to end users. Handle any OS related issues as part of Application administration.
Part One: Network Related Tasks:
- Responsible for the testing and implementation of network, systems and security infrastructure, including maintenance and upgrade of existing infrastructure.
- Analyze network, systems and security characteristics and behaviors, troubleshoots problems, and recommends procurement of and/or modifications to network, system and security components or configurations.
- Responsible for the identification, diagnosis and resolution of network, system and security problems, and conduct network, systems and security incident and problem investigation and diagnostics.
- Responsible in maintaining service availability of the EastNets Service Bureau (ENSB) infrastructure by pro-actively managing and monitoring the network, systems and security.
- Monitor network and system performance and respond to anomalies and issues accounting to documented procedures.
- Performs network, operating system and security updates, patches, and configuration changes; maintains inventory of equipment and documentation of activities; performs network, system and service backups according to documented policies and procedures.
- Responsible in assessing client network requirements, test, recommend and implement solution to meet these requirements.
- Investigate and resolve issues reported or escalated by the customer; identify, apply and document solutions for errors and irregularities in network, systems and security according to documented policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with other team members and departments to deliver an effective and optimal solution in the implementation of projects, tasks, and operations.
Part Two: Financial Applications:
- Responsible for day to day operations of application software and customer support based on ENSB documented polices and standards.
- Participate in efforts to implement application updates to include upgrades, patches, and new releases. Perform configuration changes; perform application backups in accordance with company procedures.
- Liaise with vendors for support on issues related to the application software.
- Ensure that the delivery of ENSB services and operations complies with the ENSB Security Policy and other established guidelines and objectives.
- Collaborate with other team members and departments to deliver an effective and optimal solution in the implementation of projects, tasks and operations
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or allied engineering is preferred. An associate degree is a minimum requirement.
- Certification from Cisco, Juniper or relevant software companies.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong experience in firewalls, networking, routers, switches (Cisco Firewalls, Juniper SRX)
- Experience in Application filtering/Intrusion Detection Systems/Intrusion Prevention System
- Experience in Virtual Private Networks.
- Experience in server platforms (Windows 2016 and above)
- Experience in Virtualization (VMWare)
- Experience in Operating Systems (Windows 2016 and above)
- Experience in network security, network monitoring and administration software programs.
- Experience in IT Service Management