We are seeking a dedicated Senior DevOps Engineer that will join our IT department to deliver technical solutions that support EastNets’ Development and Quality Assurance (QA) operations and address the base requirements of EastNets’ Development and QA teams.
The duties of this role include providing support to the Development and QA teams on the assigned tasks and projects, in addition to planning and implementing activities of designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and functional design as set by the DevOps and Cloud management.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be reporting to the DevOps and Cloud Manager.
The following are the responsibilities and tasks that you will be carrying out for the company if you are hired:
- Building and setting up EastNets products environment, including required tools and infrastructure.
- Understanding the needs of the Development and QA teams, and conveying this to the DevOps and Cloud teams.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats by following the active security measurements and coordinating this with EastNets’ security team.
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions, in addition to working on a project based approach.
- Carefully monitoring the utilization of EastNets Development and QA resources on a full scale.
- Effective collaboration with other teams such as IT, PDMs, Development, and QA teams to evaluate and troubleshoot issues, and remediate them efficiently.
- Maintaining, configuring, and reliably operating computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing issues impact.
- Performing or delegating regular backup operations and implementing appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and fail-over procedures.
- Responsibility for capacity, storage planning, and database administration.
Proven experience in:
- The candidate should have the following qualifications/requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering from a reputable university.
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience (IT field, Financial markets, and experience in banks’ SWIFT unit).
- Certifications: AWS, DevOps, Windows, UNIX/Linux Administration, MSSQL or Oracle DB certification.
- Managed working teams and successfully completed at least 4 major projects/implementations over a period of time.
- Demonstrated ability to develop skills, work effectively with the team dynamics, achieve goals and administer training.
- Strong IT sysadmin basic knowledge and understanding, especially UNIX/Linux
- Proven track in networking, software installation and troubleshooting.
- Strong English presentation and communication skills.
- Professional experience in financial applications industry is a plus.
- AWS EC2, VPC, Security Group, VPN, S3, EKS
- Nutanix hyper conversion technology
- KVM and VMware.
Data encryption, security, firewalls, and networking modem technology.
Oracle and Microsoft SQL Database administration.
Automate apps and IT infrastructure using tools like Ansible.
Source code repository management like Git and SVN.
AWS, Azure and Google public cloud providers.
Docker Containerization Technology.
Nexus Repository tool.