The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for defining the market position within the context of the overall product strategy. This requires conducting competitor analysis, market research, and maintaining a close relationship with the sales team. The candidate will report on the strategic positioning of the product to customers, partners, and market influencers. She/He will ensure the positioning of the product supports the company’s overall strategy. The candidate will articulate the outbound tasks necessary to clearly explain the benefits of the product features, translating them into customer-facing messaging. This capacity requires the preparation of training material for pre-sales teams to carry out demonstrations and presentations, as well as creating marketing collateral. He or she will own the product definition for market communication.
- Co-develop product roadmaps with the Product Development Manager,
- Develop the product vision based on market requirement and the overall company strategy.
- Conduct continuous market research studies and competitive analysis.
- Collaborate with product managers to develop concept documents for new product ideas.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates product in the market.
- Develop sales collateral content for sales proposal templates, presentations, brochures, case studies, positioning documents, white papers, and articles.
- Support sales in developing standard proposals of sales/pre-sales.
- Review and approve price lists.
- Review RFPs to identify gaps and introduce them into the product backlog/roadmap.
- 5+ years of experience bringing services/products to market.
- Proven business background in financial crime (AML, Anti-fraud, risk management).
- Experience in the financial industry, market demands, regulatory requirements, systems & products.
- Product Management Certificate is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of complex business processes, flows and their modeling.
- Ability to work under pressure and within demanding timelines.
- Ability to offer consultancy services for internal customers to have the best practices within industry.
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills, with a strong sense of "the team".
- Product marketing or product development management experience in similar position.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing or related fields.
- CAMS certification is an asset.