An instructional designer is responsible for creating and delivering training content for online eLearning courses. A candidate for this position should have good knowledge in instructional design, digital learning tools, and processes. A candidate would also need to know how to handle different systems, mainly the EastNets Academy Learning Management System. This position entails working in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and shifting priorities. Excellent writing skills and the ability to create storyboards with easy to understand concepts and ideas is necessary.
- Work with subject matter experts to gather information and create content that will be turned into an eLearning course.
- Know and understand how to document and communicate stakeholders’ needs and translate them into training requirements.
- Understand, conceptually, how all cross-functions work together.
- Work on other EastNets Academy initiatives.
- Adhere to company policies, attend team meetings, and answer any related inquires.
Knowledge in Learning Management System (LMS). This includes knowledge of the following:
Deliver online training courses for internal and externally use. This would entail:
- Industry and the new trends.
- Site maintenance and health checks.
- Manage user profiles.
- Manage courses and enrollment details.
- Report on users and courses.
- Progress tracking reports.
- LMS vendor management.
- Designing and developing training materials using various eLearning tools
- Acquiring content from course owners.
- Creating animations and interactions for courses.
- Creating storyboards and coordinating voice narration with different vendors.
- Creating quizzes, and learning games.
- Producing Shareable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) courses for LMS compliance.
- Uploading courses to LMSs and managing courses enrollment to users.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Strong knowledge in instructional design and LMS administration.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office tools.
- Experienced in audio and video creation and editing.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A can-do approach to challenges.